Our office will close on:-

Monday 23rd December, 2019 at 4pm

We re-open on Thursday 2nd January, 2020 at 9.30am


If you want a card in time for either Christmas or New Year’s Eve your completed application form must be with us no later than:-

To receive your card on our 10 working day service we must receive your completed application form by MONDAY 9th DECEMBER, 2019

To receive your card on our 5 working day service we must receive your completed application form by MONDAY 16th DECEMBER, 2019

To receive your card on our overnight tracked service we must receive your completed application form by MONDAY 23rd DECEMBER, 2019

In ALL cases please make sure that your referee is available to take our call as cards are not despatched until the reference is completed

PLEASE remember that the post slows down at Christmas and the guide given above is a minimum. There is information on the web site in “More info” regarding posting your application to us. We are not responsible for non delivery of your application form to our offices.



How quickly can I have my card?

There are three services:

  • Card sent out to you within 10 working days of receipt of your application in our office (working days are Mon to Fri) – costs £15
  • Card sent out to you within 5 working days of receipt of your application in our office (working days are Mon to Fri) – costs £25
  • There is a guaranteed overnight service which means that you receive your card the next working day after we have received your application form in our office. This excludes Saturday and Sunday and is dependent upon your documents being correct and your referee check being successful. The package will need a signature when it arrives at your house; it doesn't have to be the applicant who signs. If you would rather us send it to another address, that can be done as long as you give us the full postal address in writing and enclose that instruction with your application. There are extra options with this service so it's best to call us so that we can see how best to help you.
I have lost my card, can I get a replacement?

As long as we still hold your records, a replacement can be produced. Please send an email to info@validateuk.co.uk asking for a reprint confirming your full name, date of birth and address. This will be forwarded to records who will then respond by return email.

Can I pay for my card using my online bank account?

Yes, you can. Please make sure that you have ticked the box on the application form, please make sure that you follow the instructions on the form and that you use the card applicant's surname as the reference. This is very important, it is how we check your payment against your application - if you don't do it, the production of your card will be delayed.

The bank details are;

Sort Code 20-40-09

Account Number 53164314

Reference - put the applicants name.

Just call if you have any questions.

Can I pay for the card at the bank?

Only if you are a Barclays bank account holder. Tell them that you want to pay us, VALIDATE UK, and use the account details as below, again, please remember to use the card applicant's name as the reference. The bank will give you a receipt for your payment, please keep that as evidence that you have paid.

Barclays Bank

Account Name: Validate UK Ltd.
Account Number: 53164314
Sort Code: 20-40-09

Can I pay using my debit card or credit card?

Yes you can, just follow the payment instructions within the payment section.

Can I send you a photograph that I have taken and printed?

Yes you can but please be aware that if the quality of the print is poor it will be rejected. This is because we need a good quality photograph in order to produce your card.

Can you give me some advice about the photograph?

Your photos must be 45 millimetres (mm) high by 35mm wide - the standard size used in photo booths in the UK i.e. passport sized photographs/

You can't use photos that have been cut down from larger pictures.

Your photos must be:

  • in colour on plain white photographic paper
  • taken against a plain cream or light grey background
  • identical
  • a true and current likeness of you
  • clear and in focus
  • without any tears or creases
  • unaltered by computer software

The image of you

Your photos must show a close-up of your full head and shoulders. It must be only of you with no other objects or people. Below are examples of how your photograph should look (the grey border is not a requirement).

Your photos may be rejected unless they show you:

  • facing forward and looking straight at the camera
  • with a sensible expression, you can smile
  • without anything covering the face
  • in clear contrast to the background
  • without a head covering (unless it's worn for religious or medical reasons)
  • no hats, beanies, head scarves, head bands or sweat bands
  • no headphones
  • with eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses
  • if you normally wear glasses then it is alright to be photographed with your glasses on; please ensure that there is no reflective glare from the lenses
  • your eyes must be visible, not covered by sunglasses, tinted glasses, glasses frames or hair
  • without any ‘red eye'
  • without any shadows in the picture

Photos of children

  • Children must be on their own in the picture. Babies must not be holding toys or using dummies.
  • Children under 6 don't have to be looking directly at the camera or have a neutral expression.
  • Children under 1 don't have to have their eyes open. If their head is supported by a hand, the hand mustn't be visible in the photo.
I am not 18 for 2 months can I apply for my card now?

Yes, you can apply before you turn 18. Please mark the application form in the top right hand corner 18+. We will process the application on receipt here. The card will be held until three working days before your birthday.

I want my card now!

Sorry but we do not issue 18+ cards until you attain that age. If you want a 12/15 or 16/18 card now, that's fine, but you will need to re-apply if you want the 18+ card later. The cards don't "run out" so you can use them for as long as you want.

Payment Details
  • 10 working day service is £15
  • 5 working day service is £25
  • Tracked overnight for a next working day delivery by 1pm £40 (not Saturday delivery)
  • 9am next working day deliveries are available. Call for details
Can I use my card for air travel?

Many people, including our staff, use their card for internal air travel, that is air travel within the UK. However we strongly recommend that you check with your carrier as to what they require as we do not accept responsibility for refusal. Most airlines just ask for "photo ID" for internal UK flights.

I am going to France/Spain/Germany can I use my card instead of my passport?

No. Entry into another country, even if it is within the EU will require you, if challenged, to produce proper documentation. VALIDATE UK is not a substitute for a passport.

What about Southern Ireland?

Ireland, along with the UK, is a member of the Common Travel Area. British nationals travelling from the UK don't need a passport to visit Ireland. However, it is likely that you will be required to produce ID, you should check with the airline you are using to ask what they require.

What documents do I need

You will need two documents;

One that confirms your name and date of birth ie birth certificate/medical registration form or printout of your medical record/driving licence/passport.

One that confirms your name and address ie utility bill/bank statement/government issued letter such as HMRC or DWP/NHS letter etc.


If you are unsure please call the office for advice on 01434 634996.

I haven't got all the documents you ask for on the application form - can you help?

Please call the office and one of us will help you - 01434 634996.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATES PASSPORTS OR OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION - we ask for photocopies countersigned by your referee. We do not take responsibility for any original documents sent to us. Please see the application form under Point 1 where it clearly states in red not to send originals this information is echoed in the referee's instructions
Will my card expire?

Our cards do not have an expiry date so you can use it for as long as you wish. Bear in mind that as you get older your looks will change, you may want to renew your card to reflect this especially if you want to use your card for clubs and pubs. If this is the case, just call us and we'll advise on your individual requirements.

Will the card get me in to pubs and clubs?

VALIDATE UK cards are PASS accredited; this is the UK Government approved standard for proof of age and is recommended by police and the Home Office as a better alternative than a passport, which if lost, compromises your security and is very costly to replace.

For example, all the major supermarkets ASDA, Sainsbury, Waitrose, Tesco, Morrisons, M&S etc have national policies of PASS card acceptance, as do major chains like JD Wetherspoons, Vodka Revolution, Deltic e.g. Oceana clubs, Pryzm, Fiction, Cameo, Liquid, Kuda, Chicagos, Unique, Novus Leisure e.g. Tiger Tiger, Balls Bros (London), Premium Bar, Landmark, Jewel, Bar Soho, Verve, Zoo Bar etc, Greene King Pubs, Mitchell & Butler, Marstons Pubs, Hall & Woodhouse, Enterprise Inns, Town & City Pubs, St Austell Brewery, Stonegate eg their pubs plus Yates, Slugg & Lettuce, Missoula Montana, The Living Room, Scream, Missoula Bars, Thwaites, Youngs, Intertain e.g. Walkabout, Youngs, Spirit Pub Co, Fabric London, 02 etc., to name just a few. These cards are supported by the major retail trade, night economy, and licensed trade associations. Where a pub chain is mentioned eg Greene King this means all the pubs within that chain obviously we can't name them all

But please remember, entry to pubs and clubs and sale of alcohol is at the discretion of the license holder

Will a bank accept my card to open an account?

Some banks will but you should check with the individual bank as to what they require for particular accounts. Banks operate many different types of account for which they require different proofs. Please check first as we are not responsible for a bank's decision to refuse.

If my application fails will you refund me?

No, we do not refund failed applications simply because we have already spent time trying to process your application.

However, we will always attempt to contact you using the contact details you have given on your application form to explain to you why the application has failed and we will advise you of the best way forward so that we can successfully process your application.

What happens if my card gets refused?

We would like you to email us and give us the details; we need to know who refused you, the date it happened, what reasons were given to you for refusal and the name and address of the venue or shop. Once we have the information we will escalate the matter to the right people and make sure that the refusal is investigated. Cards are not refunded for refusal but all refusals will be thoroughly investigated

Can I use my card for job interviews?

Many people use their card for interviews but it is your responsibility to find out exactly what is required by the company interviewing you as we obviously don't know what all companies require.

Can I use my card for a CSCS Test?

Many people have used their cards for the CSCS examinations but it is your responsibility to check what the examiners require.

Do I need to send my original documents ?
No PLEASE DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATES PASSPORTS OR OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION - we ask for photocopies countersigned by your referee. We do not take responsibility for any original documents sent to us. Please see the application form under Point 1 where it clearly states in red not to send originals this information is echoed in the referee's instructions
I don't have access to a printer, please can you send me an application form?

Yes of course, you can call us on 01434 634996 or you can email us at info@validateuk.co.uk. Please remember to include your full postal address and postcode.

Can I use my card for festivals?

Always check to see what the policy of the festival is, but all the major festivals such as Creamfields, Leeds, Reading, Wakestock, T in the Park, Download, Bestival, V Festival, Glastonbury, Isle of Wight, Latitude, to name a few, do accept the VALIDATE UK card.

Acceptable Referees

Acceptable References—suggested list call if you are unsure 01434 634996

We follow the Identity & Passport Services list of acceptable countersignatures ie referees. Referees must be employed and contactable at their place of work and cannot be self employed. Business owners must be from a VAT registered company or a directors of a Ltd company.

The person providing the countersignature must not be related to the applicant by birth or marriage neither should they be in a personal relationship together (this includes a same sex relationship) nor live at the same address.

  • Accountant
  • Airline Pilots
  • Articled clerk of a limited company
  • Bank/building society official
  • Barrister
  • British Computer Society (BCS) - Professional grades which are Associate (AMBCS), Member (MBCS), Fellow (FBCS) (PN 25/2003)
  • Broker
  • Chairman/director of limited company
  • Chemist
  • Chiropodist
  • Christian Science practitioner
  • Commissioner of oaths
  • Councillor: local or county
  • Civil servant (permanent)
  • Dentist
  • Designated Premises Supervisors
  • Director/Manager of a VAT registered Charity
  • Doctor
  • Engineer (with professional qualifications eg a degree or MICE)
  • Fire service official
  • Funeral director
  • Insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company
  • Journalist
  • Justice of the Peace
  • Legal secretary (members and fellows of the Institute of legal secretaries)
  • Local government officer
  • Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company)
  • Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company
  • Member of Parliament
  • Merchant Navy officer
  • Minister of a recognised religion and Salvation Army Officer
  • Nurse (RGN and RMN)
  • Officer of the armed services
  • Optician
  • Personal License Holder (Alcohol) or DPS
  • Pharmacist
  • Photographer (professional)
  • Police officer
  • Post Office Manager or Manageress eg Postmaster
  • President/Secretary of a recognised organisation
  • Probation Officer / Prison Officer
  • Social worker
  • Solicitor
  • Surveyor
  • Teacher, lecturer
  • Trade union officer
  • Travel agent (qualified)
  • Valuers and auctioneers (fellow and associate members of the incorporated society)
  • Veterinary Surgeon
Postage to our offices

Please be aware that Royal Mail now charge on the size of envelope you use as well as weight, we strongly recommend that you check with your local post office to make sure that you have the correct postage on your envelope; if you do not have the correct postage your item will be held by Royal Mail, we will then have to collect it and pay the surcharge which we will require you to reimburse.

If you are ordering the fast track overnight service we recommend that you post your application form to us using either Royal Mail Special or Royal Mail Signed For, both of these services can be tracked.

Please do not assume that by using a 1st class stamp that your envelope will arrive in our offices the next day, in many cases this does not happen and if we don't receive your envelope in time it will delay your card.

Scanners in pubs and clubs

If you use your card in a scanning machine to gain entry to a pub or club please note that we accept no responsibility for your personal data from thereon.

Can I use my card to cash cheques and money orders ?

We advise that you ask the bank or organisation you wish to cash a cheque or money order with as to what they require for ID; banks and financial institutions have their own criteria and we can not second guess their requirements so always check first please as we are not responsible for a bank or financial institution's decision to refuse; If you are unsure then please call us on 01434 634996

Does HM Passport Office & Home Office support the use of PASS cards ?

Yes, they do ! HM Passport office is concerned about the number of lost passports, every lost passport is both a personal and national security risk therefore they urge people not to use passports for clubs and pubs.

On 21st December, 2016 the following press release was issued:-


News story
Government launches new crackdown on passport fraud

HM Passport Office and Home Office
First published:
21 December 2016

Students and young people are being urged to leave their passports at home when socialising on nights out in a new drive to prevent identity fraud.

Those who use the highly valuable travel document as a form of age identification at bars and clubs are at risk of it being lost or stolen and potentially falling into the hands of criminals.

Her Majesty’s Passport Office, has today (21 December) launched a national campaign to tackle the issue and is encouraging students and any young person who uses a passport for age verification to use alternative identification methods.

These include PASS, the UK national proof of age accreditation scheme which issues a photo identification card.

Immigration Minister Robert Goodwill said:
Young people face a higher risk of losing their passport as they often use it as a form of age verification.
A passport is a highly valuable document. If it gets lost or stolen, not only does it cost the holder money to replace it, but it can fall into the hands of criminals unless it is handed in and cancelled.

We are working with a number of stakeholders including retailers, licensed premises, police, local authorities and students, to communicate that there are better ways to prove your age, such as the PASS card.

The Home Office endorsed PASS scheme is funded by trade organisations including the Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers and the British Beer and Pub Association.

HM Passport Office is also asking anyone who comes into contact with a lost passport to immediately return it to its freepost address so that it can be cancelled.
The campaign will include posters, letters to key stakeholders, as well as a social media drive to raise awareness of the issue.

For cheaper ways to prove your age, visit www.pass-scheme.org.uk.

If you find a passport, please return it immediately to: Freepost HM Passport Office.

You must cancel a lost or stolen passport as soon as possible.

21 December 2016
HM Passport Office
Home Office

Help Cookies Contact Terms and conditions Rhestr o Wasanaethau Cymraeg Built by the Government Digital Service
Open Government Licence
All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0, except where otherwise stated
© Crown copyright


Must the referee be available ?

Yes !

Your referee MUST be available to take our call, we always telephone the referee, cards can not be issued until the reference is confirmed.

Can my referee be retired or self employed ?

Your referee must be in employment and not self employed this is part of our audit process. Please see the section on "Acceptable Referees" where there is a suggested list. Should you be unsure please contact us on 01434 634996

General Terms and Conditions

Basic Terms

You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your account.

You are responsible for keeping your password secure.

You may not use the validateuk.co.uk service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.

You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the validateuk.co.uk service.

You must not modify, adapt or hack validateuk.co.uk or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with validateuk.co.uk.

You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.

You must not, in the use of validateuk.co.uk, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).

Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your validateuk.co.uk account. While validateuk.co.uk prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Validate UK cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its website and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the validateuk.co.uk service at your own risk.

General Conditions

We reserve the right to modify or terminate the validateuk.co.uk service for any reason, without notice at any time.

We reserve the right to alter these Terms of Use at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Terms of Use, we will notify you via internet mail according to the preference expressed on your account. What constitutes a "material change" will be determined at our sole discretion, in good faith and using common sense and reasonable judgement.

We reserve the right, in accordance with any applicable laws, to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.

We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Use.


We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Validate UK service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours.


We respect your privacy.

We do not store the credit card, debit card or bank account details of our customers.

We will not give your details to 3rd parties.

We only ask for information during signup that is required for the purpose of the website and service.

In order to log in to the site, you must enable session cookies.

We don't leave any cookies on your computer - our intentions are good!

We only use session cookies to identify you within the website whilst you're logged in. This is normal practise and does not try to capture any personal information from your computer.

What happens to my information once you have issued my card?

We keep your details on file for 3 years, this may be helpful to you in the future should you wish to replace your card. We do not sell your information nor do we share it with other companies. Within the remit of the Data Protection Act we may share information with the police, for example, missing persons or if a crime has been committed.

General Data Protection Statement

Validate Uk Ltd is registered as a Data process or under the Data Protection Act 1998 ( Reg No Z1739514)

We only use the personal information provided and that of the verifier to administer your account and to provide your photographic proof of age card.

We store your data to enable us to provide a replacement card should the original be lost or stolen or to provide a renewal if you change age groups.

We also store your information to provide an audit trail for PASS compliance purposes.

If you wish to have your data removed from our records please email info@validateuk.co.uk or write to Validate Uk, main House, Bishops Yard, Corbridge, Northumberland NE45 5LA.

Christmas Times Get your card